ARTICLES OF FAITH
‘’ All Scripture is given by the inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete ,thoroughly equipped for every good work.’’ (-II Timothy 3:16, 17)
Dear fellow brothers in Christ,
It is mandatory for all those who have accepted Christ as their saviour to obey the Scriptures that is composed by the inspiration of God which alone makes a person complete in Christ.
We here at Bethel Apostolic Assemblies being the more evolved and derived section of the Christian society by the Holy Spirit i.e,Pentecost believe in the Biblical doctrines and practice it sincerely.
1) Word of God: We believe that the Bible is the inspired word of god, the infallible and all- sufficient rule for faith and practice.So everything in it should be accepted as the fully moulded & which can’t be edited.
2) Repentance: Acc. to Holy Scriptures a fallen man should approach God with true repentance for remission of sins & faith in the atoning death of Christ. (See Mark 1:4)
3) Water Baptism: Baptism by fully immersion in water in the name of the Father, Son & Holy Spirit is enjoined upon all who have really repented and have truly believed with all their hearts in Christ as Savior and Lord in order to become one in Christ & thus become part takers of the burial & resurrection of Christ. (See Matthew 28:19)
4) Lord’s Supper: The Lord’s Supper is to be celebrated regularly to commemorate the death of Christ until the second coming of God. The bread and wine are symbolic representations of the body and blood of Jesus, offered in sacrifice for the sins of the world.
5) Divine Healing: Since temporal healing is included in the sacrifice on the cross by Christ for atonement of sins, so a believer should take it as a right & privilege to get healing by prayer & faith in Christ.
6) Ordination: Those who are specially called for the ministry of the church should be ordained by the laying of the hands as written in the New Testament.
7) Marriage: All the ordained pastors are authorised to bless the bride & groom and conduct marriage ceremony of Christian couples coz, (Marriage is honourable in all, according to Hebrews 13:4).
8) Evangelisation: According to 1 Timothy 4:16 (Heeding the word of God not only saves us but also those who heareth us.) & thus Evangelisation is the supreme duty of the Church.
9) The fallen man: The creation of man was in the likeness of God (who eternally exists in the three persons viz.Father, Son & the Holy Spirit.)pure & upright,& that man had a great fall when he voluntarily transgressed God’s commandment and that Christ, the son of God can restore the fallen man to his pristine glory.
10) Trinity: We believe in the unity of the One True & Living God who is the eternal, Self- existent ''I AM'' who also revealed himself as One being in three persons- Father, Son and the Holy spirit.
11) Salvation: It is attained through faith in Christ, who died for our sins according to the scriptures, was buried and was raised among the dead on the third day according to the scriptures, and through his blood we have redemption. This experience is also known as the New Birth or regeneration by Holy Spirit, and is an instantaneous and complete operation of the Holy Spirit upon initial faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
12) Ministry: That all those having calls of Apostles, Prophets, etc must be bestowed with gifts of Holy Spirit according to their calling.
13) Baptism in Holy Spirit: The Initial signs of speaking in other tongues as the spirit gives utterance & are followed by filling in Holy Spirit having same essence but different use acc. to gift of tongues.
14) Coming of Christ: Lord Jesus is coming soon in the clouds where the bride will be caught up.
15) Great Tribulation: Will occur soon after the coming of Christ & rapture of the bride, when the anti-Christ will be in power and the oppression will be on the remnants of Jerusalem.
16) The Millennium: At the end of Tribulation Lord Jesus Christ will come on the earth in all his glory & establish his own kingdom of righteousness for 1000 years.
17) The great judgement: After the Millennium Satan & hosts will be cast for ever into the lake of fire & there will be judgement before the Great White Throne & the wicked will be receive the same fate of eternal fire.
18) Eternal bliss or punishment: We believe in the bodily resurrection of all men ,the everlasting conscious bliss of all who truly believe in our Lord Jesus Christ and that everlasting conscious punishment is the portion of all who is not resurrected in the First resurrection
19) New Heaven & New Earth: After great judgement present heaven & earth shall be burned up with fire & New Heaven & New Earth shall appear.
20) CONCLUSION: Virgin birth, Sinless Life, Miraculous Ministry, Substitutionary Atoning Death, Bodily Resurrection, Triumphant Ascension and Abiding Inter- cession of the Lord Jesus Christ and in his Premillennial Second Advent as the blessed hope set before all believers.
“For I testify unto every man that hearth the words of the prophecy of this book, if anyone shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in these book; & if any man shall take away from the words of the book of prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life,& out of the holy city & from the things which are written in this book.” (-Rev 22:18, 19)